Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Digging up the grave: Reminiscence part 1

Hello...I'm Amri GloomySunday. Well this post is not one of my short stories. Its just me babbling about my work and art. I'm really not a good artist or writer. But I'll try to be one. In this post I'll like to talk about my earlier work. How it came up...and my personal opinion about it. And also because my work usually revolve around people dying. So I put a body count on every post I've written. Well here goes; hope you're entertained.

Post 1. A 500 Words Story
This is my first post. Well not much to talk about it. It suck. Its my first attempt to write again. It was a story with 500 words. The story suck. But I really like the drawing. Creepy hand. Maybe in the near future I'll try to revised it again.
Body count: 0....just maybe you'll die of boredom reading it













Post 2. Flesh are fake, bones are real
This also was an experiment. To find out whether I can still write dark story. Its about our nature as a human. To lie to one another. We can still make a smile while we are lying to our love one. White lies, black lies...which one do you prefer. But in the end, its all was just all lie. You smile...but only you know how fake it is. The skull kind of cool right?
Body count: 0...maybe I'm just lying.











Post 3. Love is a killer
My blog editor commented on me. She said that maybe I should post a sweet love story. But at that time I'm not feeling sweet or in love. So I create a love story about a killer and a girl. At first the guy wasn't supposed to be a killer. They are in love but just weren't meant to be together. Then I started to draw. Its really been a while since I draw a girl. It was so hard and messy. I draw them hugging each other. But it seems like there is something off. It really don't have any emotion. So I put a little blood and a gun and also revised the story. This was also a post that received a lot of views.
Body Count: 2...now we're getting somewhere









Post 3. The Fear
If you been reading my post from the since earlier. You'll know that this is my Form 5 essay. I wrote it for my English test and my teacher said that I have my own style. Maybe she thinks I'm just weird. Well everyone was writing about their life experience, a story about hope and wonder and even a story from they have just read. But me, I wrote a story about pain, death and fear. Maybe I'm just a sick kid. About the picture well, It was about fear. What more terrifying that a dark little guy suddenly came out of your mouth.
Body count: 1...after all he was just an old lonely man








Post 4. Dead under the stars
This was just an attempt to change the nursery rhyme into something horrifying. Maybe it can be a theme song for this blog. The picture was supposed to be the blog header. But when it was put there it all look squash up. So I redrew the header.
Body count: just a child dreams being murdered











Post 5. 154 days 5 hours 4 minutes 49 seconds
Well this story had a lot of views. And it still is. But I don't think it was the best that I ever did tough. Maybe those reading it think they can relate to it. Or they are just to bored. This is a heartbreak story. This story was about me, about you and about everyone who had their heart broken. Eventhough time has passed on, deep in your heart you are still thinking about them. Maybe one day you'll meet them again. And maybe one day their heart will be yours again, in the refrigerator. Who know that maybe there's one in mine? "I want forever, you just want today", is something I quote from a song entitled Goodnight by Babybird. The picture was inspired by a tv series entitled Dexter adapted from a novel by the name of Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I never bought the novel tough.
Body Count: 1...and a heart in the refrigerator as a souvenir






Post 6. Jimmy don't fly (On the edge of the world)
I like this story, but it never had much people viewing it. When I wrote this, I was thinking what will it be like to write about people flying to the sky. But my work were much related about dark real life fiction, not science fiction. So I wrote about a guy falling from a 15 floor building. It still like flying right. This story was about love and friendship. How much we hurt the one we love. And we never knew by doing that you just hurting yourself also. The story was also inspired by the song This is Your Life by The Killers. In one of it verse it say that: "The sky was full of dream, But we don't know how to fly, I don't know the answer, but I think I could answer" I shamelessly quote it in the story. I had a fight with a friend of mine about the relationship of the three character. She says that man was always the same. Always relying on women to give support. If they weren't there, the man would jump off a building or something. I guess what she is true say in some way. The picture was bad I guess. Its an attempt to play with perspective. But ended feeling empty.
Body Count: 2...She died of an accident, he jumped off a building, and the other one just live like a cockroach.

Post 7. Call 1-800-MURDER
Most of my post till about now is about love, or dying about love. So I decided to make a dark fiction story not about love. Well this is not really an original story, I remembered reading it somewhere. But I don't recalled the story title or the person that wrote it. It does not mean I copied it 100 percent. I just take the idea and rewrote it and adding my own ideas. I want to portray how the character become so twisted and hated everyone. But it just got to long. About the picture, I really think portray the character.
Body count: 3 trillion or just everyone in the world










Post 8. The Misadventure of Ms P Vol 1: Bread Under the Stars?
This was a short break for all that dark horror stuff. The story was from my blog editor Elle. I just do the drawing. She really didn't give much to work on but just a small piece of paper telling the story. I thought it was a love letter when she handed the paper. It really was a love letter, but it was drawn like a six year old kid. (No offense Elle hohoh). This was also an experiment of doing some comedy. Maybe we get to hear again from Ms. P. Just wait for it. The picture was a parody of the header. And the art style was cartoonish.
Body Count: 1...just my dark side


Post 9. Rururu (The song that changed the world)
Well this is really a strange post. The song came first, then the story and finally the picture. It all started with a song. It was a song from a Japanese drama I watched when I was young. It was entitled Tell Me You Love Me. It was a story about a deaf guy falling in love with a dancer if I remember correctly. But it was not related to my story. Its a story about a friend whom I cared so dearly. The picture I drew also wasn't related to the story. I just drew it. But it looked weird tough. I don't know why. The song was entitled Love Love Love by Dreams Comes True. If you are looking for the lyric click here.
Body Count: 0...is that an angel I saw...am I dead now?








Post 10. Rule No. 32: Enjoy the Little Things
This was my new post for a while since I've been off about a month. I started writing it before I'm offline. But only finished it just recently. This was a silly story tough. Even the picture looked like another horror story. It was in fact a sweet, silly story. It was a tribute to a zombie movie called Zombie Land. The rules always stuck in my brain. I had a mixed feeling about this post. I don't know whether it suck or good. It was a story about a man obsessed with zombie movies. He talk about it to a girl dying of cancer. Strange right? But the downside of this post is that it was just too long. I don't think people will read it at first glance though, At first I wanted to draw them holding each other while zombies are attacking them. But in fact it turn out to hard. I was hard just to draw the girl face. So I just made the guy turn into a zombie. It was easy drawing a zombie face than a girl face. I don't know why.
Body Count: 1...he felled down a stairs and no he didn't turned into a zombie.



Post 11. My suicide letter
This was my latest piece. About a suicide letter. The story came from a dream. I originally tried to write a real letter containing two or three pages long. It tells about the character life, the good times, the bad time and before the last breath. I did want to write on how he devise on how he wanted to end his life. But it really was just too long. So I skipped it and turn it into a mystery letter. Did he wrote it, or the letter just haunted. Maybe in the near future I will write a real suicide letter. Just hope it wont really be mine. The picture is a chair and a bed with two person covered in sheets. For the sake of mysteriousness I just draw it like that.
Body Count: 3...and he was really sorry about the mess








Total body count: 3 trilion and 11 bodies...not bad

That was all my post up till now. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment about anything. I also like to thank my editor for promoting the blog. She's the one doing the talking and answering all the comments. I guess I'm just a little bit shy. But you don't have to be. Just leave a comment and I try to answer all comments. If not Elle will. She really a blogger addict. I'm just a shy lonely wannabe novelist. 


If you think my story was cool please leave a comment. If it suck also please leave a comment. If you think my art was okay please a comment. If its like a scribbling of an eight year old please leave a comment. If you want to 'tackle' Elle please leave a comment. If you like donut please leave a comment. If don't have anything to do please leave a comment. If you want to marry me please leave a comment. If you think I need to see a shrink leave a comment. If you want to see me write about something leave a comment. If you want me to draw something leave a comment. If you ever wonder I'm handsome or not just leave a comment. If you think my grammar contain lot of mistake leave a comment. Or you just want to comment about nothing just leave a comment. If you are gay...I'm sorry please look elsewhere. 

If you're interested in knowing me. You can contact me on my FB; vampireinthesun@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...